A Holistic Medical Practice
Dr. Masiello is a licensed physician, board certified in Homeopathy (D.Ht.) and Osteopathic Manipulation (C-SPOMM). Dr. Masiello practices an integration of traditional osteopathy and classical homeopathy which is holistic. Here are some ways that your care with Dr. Masiello is different than with most other doctors:
- As a licensed physician, Dr. Masiello understands the conventional medical model and uses it when appropriate.
- He helps patients see past both conventional and alternative medical hype.
- He works with patients in a caring, process-oriented way that promotes optimal health, self-awareness and longevity, taking the patient beyond the “quick fix.”
- He spends more time with patients compared to conventional physicians. Fees are reasonable and insurance reimbursement is usually available.
- Virtually all of his patients receive osteopathic as well as homeopathic care. This helps save time and money on multiple doctors’ visits for physical therapy, chiropractic or cranial-sacral therapy as he addresses these needs during each office visit.
Bio and Credentials
- 1986 – Present Physician: Solo, office based practice of classical homeopathy and traditional osteopathy.
- 1996 – Present: President, The YellowFlower Company, LLC
- 1986 – 1987 Homeopathic Preceptorship
- August 1986 Professional Course, National Center for Homeopathy
- 1985 – 1986 Internship, Kennedy Memorial Hospital, Saddlebrook, NJ
- 1981 – 1985 DO, NY College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, NY
- 1976 – 1977 MA, (Psychology) Duquesne University ,Pittsburgh PA
- 1972 – 1976 BA, (Philosophy, Psychology) SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY
- 2014 – Present: Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor, Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 2009 – Present: Clinical Assistant Professor, Dept. of Family & Community Medicine, New York Medical College
- 2005 – 2013: Guest Lecturer for John Loike, PhD., Columbia University, New York, NY
- Nov. 2000 Workshop: Osteopathy in the Perceptual Field, NY College of Osteopathic Medicine
- March 2000 Workshop: Homeopathy, NY Theosophical Society, New York, NY
- Oct. 1988 Workshop: Homeopathy, Adult Education Department, Queens College, Queens, NY
- Medicine and Surgery, New York
- Doctor of Osteopathy, New Jersey
- Physician/Surgeon, Connecticut
- Homeopathic Physician, Connecticut
- American Board of Homeotherapeutics, Diplomate (DHt), 1992
- American Osteopathic Association, Certified, Special Proficiency in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (C-SPOMM), 1994
- Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia Convention of the United States
- American Board of Homeotherapeutics
- American Osteopathic Association
- Composition and Method for Treating Herpes Simplex, US Patent #5,834,443, 1998.
- The COVID-19 Pandemic: A View From New York City, Homeopathy, Vol. 109, No. 3/2020.
- Homeopathic Treatment of Infertility: A Medical and Bioethical Perspective, with Loike, John, D., Int. J. Complimentary & Alternative Medicine, 2017,5(5):00167
- Constipation in an Infant, American Journal of Homeopathy, Vol. 98, No. 1, Spring, 2005
- Clinical Snapshot: Melanoma, American Journal of Homeopathy, Vol. 96, No. 4., 2004
- Osteopathy – A Philosophical Perspective: Reflections on Sutherland’s Experience of the Tide, AAO Journal, Vol. 9, No. 2, Fall, 1999
- Product Review: RADAR V 7.2, Journal of the American Institute of Homeopathy, Vol. 92, No. 2, 1999
- Homeopathy, in The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Body-Mind Disciplines, Nancy Allison, ed., Rosen Publishing Group, 1999
- Osteopathy, in The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Body-Mind Disciplines, Nancy Allison, ed., Rosen Publishing Group, New York, 1999
- Aude Sapere, Aude Iter Facere, Journal of the American Institute of Homeopathy, September, 1991
- Homeopathy and Computers, Journal of the American Institute of Homeopathy, June, 1990
- Product Review: RADAR, Journal of the American Institute of Homeopathy, Match, 1990
- Forward to: Osteopathy: A Whole Body Therapy, Stephen Sandler, DO, Harmony Books, New York, 1989