Read the instructions carefully
Remedies can come in several formats and the dosing schedule may be unfamiliar to you. You can handle the remedies if your hands are clean and free of any fragrance or odors. To take remedies dispensed in an envelope, lick the tip of your index finger and dip it into the envelope. The pellets will stick to your finger and you can then just put them in your mouth.
The Time to Take Your Homeopathic Remedy
- Take nothing by mouth 30-60 minutes before and after taking your homeopathic medicine. Your mouth should be free of any taste from food, drinks, tooth paste, breath mints, mouthwash, etc.
- Unless directed otherwise, take your medicine at a time when you are most relaxed. For most patients this usually means evenings and weekends. This does not apply to acute cases when the dosing schedule may require multiple doses per day.
- Don’t take your remedy while jet lagged or before starting off on a long flight. Don’t take your remedy during any dental treatments. Finish up the treatment, let your mouth recover, and then take the remedy.
- Women should not take their remedy during their menstrual period unless specifically directed to do so.
- Do not use any cannabis products. This confuses the symptom picture and prevents lasting benefits from homeopathy.
- Don’t be over stimulated with caffeine. Coffee produces its own symptom complex which can be confusing. Also avoid energy drinks. Limit yourself to one cup of coffee in the morning (or better yet half decaf/half caffeinated coffee). Decaf coffee, 1-2 cups of black or green tea per day are permitted as is hot chocolate.
- Cut back or eliminate the use of herbal supplements. These are medicinal substances which will mask your symptoms and make homeopathic prescribing more difficult. Avoid the use of camphor, eucalyptus, wintergreen and other strong scents used in products like Vicks Vaporub, Bengay, Tiger Balm, cough drops and throat lozenges, etc. Use tooth paste that is either non-mint or at least not strongly mint flavored. (Leaving the cap off the tooth paste tube will help reduce the strong flavoring). Vitamin and mineral supplements are fine as are other non-herbal nutritional supplements such as fish oil, probiotics, etc.
- Unless you are taking a conventional drug that cannot be stopped, you should not routinely take conventional drugs during homeopathic treatment unless it is first discussed with your homeopathic physician.